Thursday, August 7, 2014

Loves

Well, I looked back at my posts for June and July.  I took a 30 day blog challenge, although I didn't sign a contract or make a pinkie swear or anything like that.  I just really want to be a better blogger, and I knew that challenge would help me.

I have lots of posts running around in my head, but once I get to sit down and have a bit of free time on the internet, I always have way too many posts in my mind and can't choose what to blog about!! 

I've blogged pretty steadily, for me, and if I'm going to stick to the 30 day challenge I gave myself, then I currently have 9 days to make up for. I'd like to try to do that by the end of August.  

Anyway.

Today I'd like to share some things that I've recently started using and loving.  It's a random list, like me, but I hope you enjoy it!!



This almond milk.  What can I say? It's the best almond milk I've ever had.  It's brand new at my favorite local store.  I went out on a limb and bought it because my husband likes almond milk and I'm lactose intolerant and this stuff is awesome.  I used this coconut almond milk in my mocha this morning and it's subtly nutty with a great coconut flavor! It's $3.99 for 48 ounces, but I had a coupon for $1 off of each jug and so, I bought three jugs.



I had to look for a new hairspray to use every day because the one I was using, TresEmme, was making huge white flakes in my hair and was itching my scalp.  Now, all you gals out there know how overwhelming it is when you go to the store and are faced with two huge aisles of hair products! And isn't it like a serious world decision to pick a new product? I was at Target the other day and saw this, and it's brand new, and I actually sprayed a tiny bit on my hair right there, and I was sold!! It's more pricey than my last hairspray at $12.99, but it's cheaper than anything I'd get at my salon and I loooooove it.  I use the Casual type, which is more flexible hold.  Unbeknownst to me, I bought the last bottle, so I need to go online to get some more!!



Now, in my opinion, avocados never, ever go out of style.  I could eat them every single day, every season.  Avocados are in my blood, and it's a hold over from growing up in Southern California.  I adore them.  Not only are they filling, but avocados are loaded with good fats and calories, and they also help your body produce and upload seratonin, one of the key chemicals that your brain should produce to ward off depression! YAY!



I've only had three favorite perfumes in my entire life, and this perfume is one of them! It's Pacifica natural perfume.  My favorite is Tuscan Blood Orange. They also make 
coconut, vanilla, gardenia and guava.   
You can get it at Target too, and you can get a totally natural spray cologne or a roll-on perfume that's more concentrated.  We got the roll-on perfumes for each of our older girls in their stocking at Christmas time.  I need a new bottle because mine is almost gone!!



And, because everybody knows I'm a total foodie, I'll include this as my last favorite for today.  It's feta cheese! I simply love it.  I love it on our home grown, fresh from the garden green beans, sautéed with butter and garlic.  I adore it on my home grown, sautéed yellow squash.  I love it on every salad imaginable.  I love Greek food and that's what turned me on to feta cheese.  I'm about to eat some guacamole with feta cheese in it for a new twist! 


I hope you have a fabulous and sunny day!! 








No comments: